Moshito Demo Presentation Competition
Moshito will be hosting its first second Demo Presentation Competition on 9 September 2016. Amateur and professional musicians are invited to participate.
The objective of the competition is to provide the opportunity for both aspiring and established musicians to present their songs to a panel of music industry judges as well as the most influential decision-makers in the music industry.
Win a Prize bundle worth R20000, Recognition and Exposure!
The best demo presentation, as decided by the judges, will win a prize package worth R20000 and a chance to have the bragging rights of being named “The Moshito 2016 Demo Presentation Competition Winner”.
For clarity, the R20 000 prize packageincludes the items belowwhichare designed to assistartists to jumpstarttheir music careers, gain recognition and exposure in the music industry namely:
- Trophy and title of “The Moshito 2016 Demo Presentation Competition Winner”
- Funding the production and recording two songs
- Short biography (half a page)
- Artwork of the CD cliche
- Radio sampling and interview
- Photo shoot
The competition winner will be announced at the end of the conference on 9 September 2016.
To be eligible to enter the competition, contestants must:
- Purchase a ticket to attend the Moshito 2016two-dayconferenceas a delegate. Only those that have a valid ticket will be allowed to participate in the competition.
- Upon arrival at the Moshito Conference venue on 8 September 2016 promptly register themselves as an entrant for the Demo Presentation Competition by dropping their Demo CD with contact details into the Demo Box located inside the conference venue by15h00.
- Be present at M1 Sudio’s on 9 September 2016 which is the venue for the Demo Competition when contestants are picked out from the Demo Box, if not the next entry picked will take their place. This is non-negotiable so come early.
- Must be ready to perform one track on backtrack should they make it into the top two by end of the Demo Session 11h00
- There is one 2-hour session on 9 September 2016 dedicated to the Demo Presentation Competition during the conference. It will take place at 09h00-11h00 at M1 Studio’s.
- Contestants will be picked randomly from the Demo Box in front of everyone via a raffle mechanism giving all entrants an equal opportunity to be chosen for the presentation.
- Only 10 contestants will be picked to present their Demos to the judges.
- The top two will then be put in front of a room full of music industry players during a social networking event at the end of the conference to perform one song on backtrack. The contestant that gets the most screams when the audience is prompted wins the competition.
The 10 contestants will each be given five minutes for their presentation, one minute to introduce themselves to the judges and four minutes to play one track for the judges.
Entrants will be judged on the following criteria:
- Overall likeability
*Please Note: The decision of the judges is final and binding.No correspondence shall be entered into.